Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Things I Love…Babies


The other night the hubs and I were out in the farrowing barn and I was just overflowing with joy. I wanted to snuggle and hold every single baby pig that was in the barn. I may have, don’t tell the hubs. As we were driving home that evening I said to him, “many people can’t resist babies of any kind and yes I think they are all cute but for me it is a baby pig (with the exception of my own child), that I cannot resist.” He then proceeded to laugh at me which is pretty typical.


I just love baby pigs ok let’s be real here I just love pigs, old and new I love them all the same. Ok maybe not the same because the babies are so sweet and cute and snuggly, oh and their noses are the sweetest. They nudge against you, yes they are trying to find a place to nurse, but I find it absolutely irresistible. And the best part is the fact that is isn’t just one or two of them there is usually eight or more, so when one tires of your snuggling there are plenty more in line to receive the love.  



I also love the way that momma sows communicate with their little ones. When you open the door on a cold morning and momma comes out to eat, you bet your bottom that if those babies follow her out she is letting them know it is not ok! She grunts, a barks, and snorts until they all get the point, I imagine she is saying “It is way too cold out here get back inside you don’t even have a hat on.” Not that pigs wear hats but if they did… I’m weird I know.  I also love when momma heads back inside to nurse her babies she is talking to them the entire time. Grunting to give them fair warning that soon she will be laying down so they need to move out of the way. It is amazing how they listen, they all usually move to one side or the other and prepare for the feast! 

Yes I love pigs…I cannot and will not help it! But I think what I love most is that when the good Lord was designing all of the creatures he decided that pigs were the ones that would have 10-14 babies at once and not me! What a relief. I do feel for this girl, she is ready for her babies’ arrival!  
She was being difficult while I was trying to take her picture.
FYI she should be delivering new babies to love TODAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment