Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Banana Bread Pancakes...


Do you ever have a fierce craving for warm banana bread with butter but you don’t have enough ripe bananas in your house. So again that is just me? I can think of a much better treat that hot fresh banana bread right out of the oven slather with butter, yum! But I always seem to only have two super ripe bananas at once and I mean two isn't enough to make my recipe for banana bread. So to combat this I came up with this recipe over the weekend. Man oh man these were good. They received rave reviews by both Hubs and child.

If you are looking to spice up your typical weekend pancakes or you want to surprise your family with a special breakfast for supper. This is for you! I think you could add some peanut butter or some extra nuts to the batter or oh even some chocolate chips. But I tend to like to overdo it on the add-ins, you just make them to suit your fancy and I’ll be happy!

Banana Bread Pancakes
2 cups Bisquick Baking Mix
1 TBSP Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
2 Ripe Bananas (Mashed)
1 Cup Milk
2 Eggs
1 TSP Vanilla
2 TBSP Sugar
1 TBSP Maple Syrup
In a large bowl mix Bisquick, Cinnamon and Salt, sit aside. In a different bowl combine bananas, milk, eggs, vanilla, sugar and syrup, whisk until sort of smooth. I know not a real term but you don’t want large pieces of banana. Pour wet mixture into dry stir until combined don’t over mix. Heat a griddle and spray with pam or melt a bit of butter. Pour ¼ cup of batter out on to hot griddle, allow cake to cook until there are bubbles forming around the edges flip and allow other side to cook for a few minutes until a nice golden brown. Serve with butter, syrup and pecans. ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment